Sunday, April 13, 2008

More projects

I was so bad last month I didn't even post anything on this blog. Its not that I don't have a lot of projects I can post.


This is the first St. Jude's quilt I made. It was one of my first quilts and I had a very hard time quilting it. It wasn't the best quilt but I had done my best at that time. I learned a lot and I hope the child that received it, is enjoying it every day.






The next wall hanging is about 30 x 45 and it is from a pattern. I made it for my sister's birthday a few years ago, and she has it hanging in her house. I thought it turned out pretty well, and enjoyed doing it.

















The next quilt was also made a few years ago, and the pattern came from a Christmas issue of quilt it. Its was made for a family I was friendly with. It is a fun pattern because the candle flames are removable and each day you put a new flame on the hanging. Nice way to celebrate the holiday.


This next quilt I made from a kit. I was looking for something to make for a friend of mine and her daughter. They had just lost their husband and father and had moved into a new house. I walked into the quilt store and the fires thing I saw was the kit for this quilt. Since the family was from Guatemala, the colors and designs seemed perfect for them.


3 comments:

die-fadenwerkstatt said...

I very much like the one with the horses

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hi Meg
Thanks for leaving the nice comment on my blog earlier. I hope your cactus decides to bloom for you soon because mine have been absolutely gorgeous. I'm enjoying my look through your blog!!
Cheers
Mary Anne

Rayna said...

You're welcome! Thanks for the comment on my blog.