Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine Postcard Exchange

For the first time this month, I joined a postcard exchange. I decided to use the same technique I used for the January TIF. You can find the details here http://megabqfabricchallenge.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

Did you know that if you click on the pictures on my blog you will open a bigger picture, its a good way to see the details.

I only signed up to exchange two cards but I decided to make a couple of extra for some special people in my life. So I mad this sheet of fabric. I decided to quilt it with a criscross pattern in a red-gold thread. Instead of using batting, I used Timtex (the stiff, thick interfacing used to make fabric bowls). I fused my made fabric on to the Timtex and away I went.

I made the back of the postcard using PrintShop and fused that on the back side of the fiber postcard. I wanted to stencil a glitter heart on the postcard, so I used a rubberstamp of a decorative heart, and make a stecil out of freezer paper. That didn't work out very well, only got one heart done, the glue I used tore the stencil, and that was that. I just tried different techniques to get the heart on the postcard, but worked out the best was just to draw different hearts and sprinkle glitter on the glue. Next time, I will cut the stencil out of clear contact paper, should work better. Anyway here they are in all their glory. On each postcard I tried to include a flavor of New Mexico, along with a valentine.


3 comments:

Timaree said...

I couldn't make the valentine picture enlarge to see the detail. The top picture enlarged just fine. They look great from what I could see.

I read your older post on the fabric out of fabric but you didn't say how you did it. Did you fuse each scrap one at a time? That seems like a lot of work!

NuvoFelt said...

Great postcards. Thanks, too for your kind comments

Sandy said...

Nice cards. The dog is adorable. Thanks for visiting my blog.